Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wow - what a great day!

23 Apr 08
Athens Greece

WOW WOW WOW

I have always wanted to go to Athens .. and OMG, I can't wait to come back! Greece is amazing .. I absolutely love it .. the history is unbelieveable .. this stuff has been around since BC!

And the cool thing is - the city, which looks like any other major city (except for all of the greek writing!) is built with all of this awesome architechture right in the middle of it!

I went on tour - which was Panorama Athens. We first went to the Acropolis, where you can see up to the Parthenon. Very cool - almost surreal, like I wasn't really there. Only thing I wish I had time to climb up; but since the tour didn't include it (was a tour for the old and dead) they didn't allow the time. However, since I will come back to Greece one day .. I will climb to the top!

After that - we went by the remains of the Temple of Zeus, the old Olympic Stadium (first ever Olympics were held there!) passed Parliament, and the major University of the Arts ..

Sorry - but the pics are all out of order. Kodak Gallery was acting up last night and then I didn't have internet all day today. So I don't have time to re-arrange them (there are over 130!!) because I wanted to get them posted and the blog posted; since I have pics from today I need to get going on.

A++ on Athens .. and Greece in general - love it!! And a BIG check mark on my Must See list ..

Here are the pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bf232dhz.4hkzbo2z&x=0&y=-f2sqk6&localeid=en_US

P.S. - I was messing around with filters on my tele-photo lens .. so as you can see, some pics of the Acropolis and Parthenon have a rose colored tint to them. If you look at the ones of the theater, that is the true color. I decided I didn't really like the rose color, and took off the filter after that day.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW! i love the pictures... thanks for sharing...

Kelly said...

How cool! So glad you got to cross that off your list :-) Now fingers crossed that you can cross St. Petersburg off your list too!