Friday, July 4, 2008

The Time Has Come

4 July 08
Heathrow Airport
AA Admirals Club (hee hee)

can you believe it???


I am sitting at Heathrow - all checked in; upgraded to Biz Class on American. Used miles to pay for it and it gave me a larger baggage allowance! Whew! Still had to get my large case under 32kg, so they gave me a box to dump things into. At least I didn't have to pay for that

So sitting all comfy in the Admirals Club for the next hour before they start to board my flight. Then I will get on and settle into my seat and chill out! Going to have a glass of wine and read my book ... YAY .. great way to end the contract if you ask me!

It was very tough to say good bye today .. lots of hugs and tears with Amie, Clare and Gemma. Poor Pierre, I think even he was close to it too! I am trying not to think about the fact that I am not going to be on the ship anymore. If I do, it just upsets me. I love that life and as much as I am excited to see my family and friends; it has become very routine for me. Cruising is something that has always made me happy, deep down inside. Yes sometimes being away was hard and crew life is intense at times as well. But I love the travel, I love the people (most of the time) and I have memories that I couldn't buy with all the money in the world.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Already done...

What an experience. Thanks a lot for sharing all of it in that blog. It help me a lot in understanding the ship life. Thank you again for your time.
So if I get it right, this is the life you chose to do for a while, right ? Great for you. I'm sure that you gain some great life experience.
Hope it will be great for your next contract.

Beetho