Saturday, November 26, 2016

Allure of the Seas - Take 2 - Day 1

July 31 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL

My second time on Allure this year .. and my Mom's very first cruise!  It's Ashley, her Mom (my Aunt Ginny), my Mom and me.  Check in was busy!  Waited a while just to get through security.  Our flight was later than my usual early morning flight, so we were later getting to the pier than usual.  I didn't like that.  I like getting there early and getting through security and checking in.  I'd rather have to wait upstairs than in a line.

Once we finally got onboard, we headed up to the Windjammer for some lunch.  Showed Mom the ropes :)  Once we finished lunch, the cabins were ready so we dropped off our stuff and headed out to look around the ship.  Ashley had been on Oasis with me 2 years prior so she knew her way around as well.  We walked around and ended up at Sabor Bar on the Boardwalk for our first frosty beverage!  Hung out there until the Muster Drill and pulled the same trick as Laurie and I did last trip - we went to our Muster Station early so we could get seats.  Even though Ash was only about 10 cabins down, they were in a different muster station so we agreed to meet on Deck 16 for sail away.  

Mom just loved it!!  She couldn't believe how many people come down to the beaches and out on their balconies just to see the ships leave.  I said its a way of life for them!  After we got out into the ocean, we headed back to the cabins to check on luggage and to start to unpack.  We were up early so we took some time to relax and unpack (you have to really only do it one person at a time - there's not to much room to have 2 people in and out of the closet and bathroom)  So Mom unpacked while I relaxed and vice versa.  

We planned to go to the Champagne Bar for pre-dinner drinks, as I knew they had the Moscato Ash and I love.  We met at 7.30 for drinks and then to our first dinner in the main dining room. We had a delicious dinner and our wait staff was great.  After dinner we walked around a bit and then had tickets for the aqua show, Ocean Aria.  It was a fantastic show!!  (as good as Oasis)

Once the show was over though, it was right to bed.  We had been up since 4.30am and the next day was a sea day - so for me that means up early for deck chairs at the pool!

No comments: